Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
The Data team's main objective: harness vast volumes of data from multiple scientific disciplines to identify new drug opportunities.
Our Data team:
- designs, builds and runs our data stack processing large volumes of complex and heterogeneous data (chemical, biological, medical and physical) from internal and external sources.
- models these wide, complex knowledges in innovative ways (e.g. in a knowledge graph).
- extracts novel insights, encompassing chemistry and biology complexity, to steer our de novo drug discovery pipelines.
- assesses Aqemia’s core technology by confronting it against external data on numerous aspects and provides areas for improvement.
To deliver on this exciting goal, the data team is at the crossroads of the different teams within Aqemia, whether drug discovery or tech teams, and it leverages multiple expertises:
- data and software engineering
- strong understanding of drug design, chemistry and biology
- data science
- data analytics
We are looking for a Data Analyst combining both data, statistics and high-level coding skills who can:
- analyze large and diverse datasets spanning from chemistry to biology
- build in-depth knowledge of Aqemia's data
- implement and automate data quality metrics
The candidate must be:
- keen to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- eager to learn in their expertise and in fields that are core for Aqemia: chemistry, physics and biology
- structured and impact-driven to derive insights from this data analysis
What You’ll Do
- contribute to bring Aqemia data quality to the next level
- proactively contribute to Aqemia's data stack design
- provide high-quality analysis to extract the highest value from our data assets
- feed R&D teams with novel, data-driven insights on Aqemia's technology
- tightly collaborate with all teams in Aqemia:
- drug hunters and biologists
- engineers to scale and automate data analysis and monitoring
- data scientists to help them make the most of their machine learning models
Who You Are
You have strong abilities in data analysis, statistics and programming combined with a passion for delivering results. You have a high degree of ownership and a drive to solve some of the most challenging data science problems in drug discovery.
You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and a high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new frameworks and technologies rapidly as changes arise.
Our Workplace Environment
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast
- 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions ( GSK, Sanofi, Cambridge, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, Ecole Centrale, Mines Paris, EnsiMag, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in the heart of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.