Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver measurable and impactful results. This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and scientific skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our world by contributing to new drug inventions, working on concrete, exciting and challenging projects.
Are you a Data Architect? Do you have Data Warehousing, Data Lake experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Are you pragmatic and seeking impact? Do you like to deliver impactful projects that use the newest cloud data technologies?
The Engineering team is looking for a candidate combining both Data Architecture & Data Engineering skills.
As a highly technical Data Architect, you will collaborate with the data team to set up a robust, fast, and scalable architecture to process data from batch and real-time sources, both internal and external. As a Data Engineer, you will prepare, serve and monitor large amounts of chemical and biological data as well as ML models to solve critical problems. You will develop tools collaboratively to help Aqemia find new drugs quicker. You will own many large datasets, implement new data pipelines that feed into or from Aqemia core technology.
Successful candidates will bring strong technical abilities combined with a passion for delivering results. This role requires a high degree of ownership and a drive to solve some of the most challenging data and analytic problems in drug discovery. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to set-up and manage large-scale data projects, identify requirements and tools, build data warehousing solutions that are explainable, scalable and can be queried in real-time. In addition to the technical skills, a successful candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and a high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks and technology rapidly as changes arise.
- Examine, identify and discuss database structural necessities based on our modeling, applications, and programming
- Design and implement effective database solutions to build, store and serve cleansed external and internal data to the drug hunting, ML and project teams
- Design and implement automatized tools to monitor data drifts and ML model performances
- Design and implement ergonomic tools to query and visualize our data to enhance project productivity
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Architect/Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data warehousing, data modeling, and building pipelines (notably ETL)
- Experience in SQL/noSQL database management
- Experience developing visualization tools
- Experience in AWS technologies (Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, EC2, etc)
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
- Prior experience with Python/Java
- Experience in implementing Data lake/IT platform in a technical and analytical role leveraging AWS services (AWS certification is a plus)
- Experience in implementing standardized, automated operational pipelines and processes to serve accurate and timely data
- Experience in developing user interfaces
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
To apply, send us your CV: email@example.com
Aqemia is growing fast. You do not fit in this job description but are excited by this adventure? Contact us!
Aqemia welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.