Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
The team's main objective: harness vast volumes of data coming from multiple scientific disciplines to identify new drug opportunities.
Our Data team:
- designs, builds and runs our data stack processing large volumes of complex data of various types (chemical, biological, medical and physical) from internal and external sources
- puts together these wide, complex knowledges in innovative ways (e.g. in a knowledge graph)
- From these wide and deep data, extract novel insights, encompassing chemistry and biology complexity, to steer our de novo drug discovery pipelines
To deliver this impactful and exciting challenge, the data team leverages multiple expertises:
- a strong understanding of drug design, chemistry and biology,
- data engineering
- data science.
We are looking for a Data Architect combining both Data Architecture & Data Engineering skills to join our Data Team:
- As a highly skilled Data Architect within the Data team, you will collaborate with our engineering and scientific teams (Machine Learning, Drug Hunting and Software Engineering) to set up a robust and fast architecture able to process large volumes of data from batch and real-time sources, both internal and external.
- As a Data Engineer, you will prepare, serve and monitor large amounts of chemical and biological data as well as ML models to solve critical problems. You will develop tools collaboratively to help Aqemia find new drugs quicker. You will own many large datasets, implement new data pipelines that feed into or from Aqemia core technology.
What You’ll Do
- Propose and build relevant algorithms for our Knowledge Graph
- Examine, identify and discuss database structural necessities based on our modeling, applications, and programming
- Design and implement effective database solutions to build, store and serve cleansed external and internal data to the drug hunting, ML and project teams
- Design and implement automatized tools to monitor data drifts and ML model performances
- Design and implement ergonomic tools to query and visualize our data to enhance project productivity
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
Who You Are
You have strong technical abilities combined with a passion for delivering results. This role requires a high degree of ownership and a drive to solve some of the most challenging data and analytic problems in drug discovery. You have demonstrated ability to set-up and manage large-scale data projects, identify requirements and tools, build data warehousing solutions that are explainable, scalable and can be queried in real-time. In addition to the technical skills, you possess strong written and verbal communication skills and a high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks and technology rapidly as changes arise
You have a wealth of experience (3/4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist with missions as Data Architect and Engineer). You have already managed data warehousing, data modeling, and built pipelines (notably ETL). You are comfortable with SQL/noSQL database management and with cloud service (eg. AWS) technologies. You have already developed visualization tools and you have strong skills in Python.
Our Workplace Environment
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast
-10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
-10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.