Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
HR is key for us since our brilliant people are one of our key assets - that we need to attract, develop and retain - in the line of the fast-paced and interdisciplinary culture that we have been developing so far.
The Head of People role is critical as it is responsible to drive the building of HR function and team at Aqemia, and help us to address many challenges including
- Grow fast our team (now 45, x2 by 6-12 months) without compromising on the quality of our new recruits.
- Make Aqemia a great place to work, learn and develop for great scientific and tech talents.
Head of People is responsible that all HR topics are set up and improved in the right way to attract, develop and retain our employees:
- Talent acquisition
- Talent onboarding and management
- HR administration
Head of People is responsible to recruit and manage its team based on the identified needs.
What you'll do:
Set the HR objectives in line with Aqemia’s objectives and culture, drive and improve on a regular basis the execution on several topics:
- Talent acquisition: Sourcing strategy and execution, recruiting process.
- Talent management: Initial onboarding, feedback and development reviews, trainings, compensation & benefits scheme, followup of people staffing.
- HR administration: Payroll, contracting, CSE, occupational medicine, ...
- Office management
Ensure our culture and ways of working are embedded in HR key processes and initiatives.
Recruit and manage Aqemia HR team (full or part time employees) and external partners (eg. headhunters, payroll software, ...) including providing leadership and giving feedback on a regular basis.
Run regularly step back analyses and reporting on key topics.
Anticipate HR implications of Aqemia development goals - eg. international development, ...
Who you are:
- You have a wealth of experience (5+years) in demanding environments including ideally in HR in fast-paced tech start-ups / scale-ups.
- You have a genuine interest for People / HR topics with a transversal / broad view.
- You are eager to contribute to find faster better drugs by recruiting and developing our talents.
- You have an objective-driven mindset and a high degree of organization, commitment and drive.
- You like to innovate and deliver measurable and impactful results.
- You are curious to work with people who have very scientific and diverse backgrounds (Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, Software engineering).
- You are an open-minded fast-learner, keen to get feedback from your colleagues to develop yourself.
This position offers exceptional development opportunities for every candidate with passion for HR in Deeptech.
Our Workplace Environment:
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Rapidly growing team of +45 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG).
- Flexible work setup with up to 2 days of remote work per week at your convenience.
- Great bright premises conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur).
- Pleasant and stimulating work environment: Regular drinks with colleagues, weekly knowledge sharing presentations, weekly food delivery, welcoming breakfast for new arrivals, participation to public and bike transportation costs.
- Working language: Mix of English and French.
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.