Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
We are looking for the Head of the Software Engineering team to allow Aqemia to stay one step ahead! You will be in charge of designing, building, improving and maintaining an efficient and robust software stack to accelerate Aqemia drug discovery pipeline.
What you'll do:
As a Head of Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Contribute to the technical strategy for Aqemia
- Collaborate with the other team or project leaders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch scalable and maintainable products that impacts our internal users
- Independently lead complex technical initiatives within your team: from specifications to design, development, and deployment
- Explore technical needs and bring solutions to the table
- Independently clarify technical requirements, assessing development estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches
- Drive continuous improvement of our tech quality including its long-term maintainability and consistent performance
As a Head of Software Engineering team, you will also…
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding
- Be essential in ensuring the Software Engineering team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop
Who you are:
You feel pride in every step forward, however big, or small; to you, each challenge represents a well-executed venture to support Aqemia stack. We look for people who take responsibility, set their standards high and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You’re looking for an environment where you can thrive. With opportunities to challenge yourself and a talented team by your side, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Aqemia.
More specifically, you
- Are proficient in a broad range of data structures, infrastructures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn’t) appropriate to use them
- Are able to make improvements to the team’s development and testing processes
- Have knowledge of AWS or similar cloud-based infrastructure and/or developer tools
- Have a high-quality bar: documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment. You also have enthusiasm for instilling this attitude in others.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective messaging with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to solve highly complex challenges independently
- Are adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership
- Are able to establish good working relationships with peers, and eager to work in a multidisciplinary team
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of programming experience with at least Python
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience writing clear, maintainable and extensible code.
- Experience building and delivering software systems to internal users
Our Workplace Environment:
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Rapidly growing team of +45 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG).
- Flexible work setup with up to 2 days of remote work per week at your convenience.
- Great bright premises conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur).
- Pleasant and stimulating work environment: Regular drinks with colleagues, weekly knowledge sharing presentations, weekly food delivery, welcoming breakfast for new arrivals, participation to public and bike transportation costs.
- Working language: Mix of English and French.
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.