Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
We’re looking for a
Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer [Full Time, ASAP]
to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of in silico drug hunters, physicists, medicinal chemists and machine learning engineers.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
As a Senior Data Scientist/Machine Learning engineer, you will develop screening or generative algorithms to design new drug molecules, guided by our proprietary scoring of affinity. You will participate in a shift of paradigm in drug discovery: from database screening to de novo drug design.
You will join a team of 4-5 ML engineers and work directly with clients on projects while developing cutting-edge methods to solve difficult problems.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Work in drug discovery projects along chemists
- Work and code collaboratively
- Implement cutting-edge and scalable ML methods to improve docking, large database screening, active learning, molecule generative models, etc.
- Test and benchmark your newly implemented methods
- You have 2+ years of experience in Machine Learning engineering
- Ideally on state of the art embeddings and deep learning
- Based on complex and large data e.g., NLP, complex image, graphs
- You have basic knowledge and sincere interest in biology, physics and chemistry
- You are a pragmatic person, choosing the most impacting method much more than the nicest one
- You’re ready to work in teams on projects with pharmaceutical companies
- You’re a proactive and thorough person
- You’re willing to be part of a multidisciplinary team, and to adapt your ML knowledge to complex physics and chemistry problems
Nice to have:
- Cloud computing experience e.g., AWS or GCP is a plus
You should join us if…
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter, involving chemistry and biology
- You are curious, willingful and dynamic
- You want to grow and help others grow as well
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- You believe in silico/AI can have strong impact on how to find new drugs
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
To apply, send us your CV: email@example.com
Aqemia is growing fast. You do not fit in this job description but are excited by this adventure? Contact us!
Aqemia is committed to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.