Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
As a Machine Learning engineer, you will develop neural network architectures and algorithms to design new drug molecules and simulate their binding to human proteins, guided by our proprietary affinity calculations.
You will join a team of 8 Machine Learning Engineers and work directly with partners on projects while developing cutting-edge methods to solve difficult problems.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Work in tech projects aiming at making our technology faster, more precise, more scalable and more generalizable.
- Work in drug discovery projects with chemists to design better molecules
- Work and code collaboratively in a fast-paced project team
- Test and benchmark your newly implemented methods on internal drug discovery projects
- Leverage feedbacks from experiments to identify possible improvements in the pipeline
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of experience in Python, and extensive knowledge of Pytorch or Tensorflow.
- You have experience in Deep Learning, ideally on complex and large datasets (e.g., biomedical imaging, graph-structured data, physics simulations).
- You are comfortable coding in a team and have experience with Git, bash, and cluster computing or cloud providers.
- You have basic knowledge and sincere interest in biology, physics and chemistry.
- You enjoy reading papers that make an impact, but you want to go beyond synthetic datasets and small-scale benchmarks, and apply them to solve real-world problems.
- You are a pragmatic person, choosing the most impacting method much more than the most fancy one.
- You are a proactive and thorough person, ready to work in a multidisciplinary team in which people with diverse backgrounds join their skills to solve complex physics and chemistry problems.
Our Workplace Environment
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast
- 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.