Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
We’re looking for a Project Lead to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering fast drug candidates to cure key diseases.
Important note: It is not required to have worked in the drug discovery field previously. We look for
people with the ability to ramp-up fast and some scientific background.
Project Leads play a critical role at Aqemia as they drive our drug discovery projects.
Objective of such projects is to invent therapeutic molecules (hits / leads) against a given target protein and related disease, leveraging our unique technology combining new Physics and Machine Learning algorithms. Projects can be in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies to invent molecules for their targets, or within Aqemia internal project portfolio.
Projects typically last several months and Aqemia team on a project is composed of scientific profiles and a Project Leader, who can manage up to 2 projects at a time.
What You’ll Do:
- Clarify initial objectives, set up work plan and methodology with pharmaceutical partners
- Manage on a day to day basis the Aqemia project team (3-6 people), including providing thought leadership and giving feedback on a regular basis
- Drive proactively the relationship with external partners, at operational and management levels
- Challenge team members (Aqemia and partner) to reach project goal and deliver in time
Beyond a given project, a Project Leader coordinates proactively with other Project Leaders and Aqemia
Technology team to share best-practices and suggest further technological developments to grow Aqemia.
Who You Are:
You have a demonstrated ability to ramp-up fast on complex subjects. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, and more importantly, you consistently deliver measurable and impactful results.
You have a wealth of experience in project management (4+ years of consulting experience and / or relevant industry work), with an objective-driven mindset and a high degree of organization, commitment and drive.
You have a scientific background (Masters degree in a science field), in any scientific discipline such as Engineering, Machine Learning, Chemistry, Biology. You have strong analytical skills and hypothesis-driven way of thinking. You show a high intellectual curiosity, going beyond the immediate requirements of the project to also find deep insights to improve Aqemia’s technology.
You are an open-minded fast-learner, keen to get feedback from your colleagues to develop yourself.
You are used to communicating effectively with external partners or clients, presenting work in a concise and thoughtful manner both orally and written.
This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate with passion for deeptech and / or drug discovery to grow their scientific and soft skills, and to really make a difference on how drugs are discovered.
Our Workplace Environment:
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast
- 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.