Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
We’re looking for a Project Lead to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering fast drug candidates to cure key diseases.
Important note: It is not required to have worked in the drug discovery field previously. We look for people with the ability to ramp-up fast and some scientific background.
Project Leads play a critical role at Aqemia as they drive our drug discovery projects.
Objective of such projects is to invent therapeutic molecules (hits / leads) against a given target protein and related disease, leveraging our unique technology combining new Physics and Machine Learning algorithms. Projects can be in collaboration with pharmaceutical companies to invent molecules for their targets, or within Aqemia internal project portfolio.
Projects typically last several months and Aqemia team on a project is composed of scientific profiles and a Project Leader, who can manage up to 2 projects at a time.
More precisely, objectives of a Project Leader on a project are:
- Clarify initial objectives, set up work plan and methodology with pharmaceutical partners
- Manage on a day to day basis, the Aqemia project team (3-6 people), including providing thought leadership and giving feedback on a regular basis
- Drive proactively the relationship with external partners, at operational and management levels
- Challenge team members (Aqemia and partner) to reach project goal and deliver in time
Beyond a given project, a Project Leader coordinates proactively with other Project Leaders and Aqemia Technology team to share best-practices and suggest further technological developments to grow Aqemia.
You have a demonstrated ability to ramp-up fast on complex subjects. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, and more importantly, you consistently deliver measurable and impactful results.
You have a wealth of experience in project management (4+ years of consulting experience and / or relevant industry work), with an objective-driven mindset and a high degree of organization, commitment and drive.
You have a scientific background (Masters degree in a science field), in any scientific discipline such as Engineering, Machine Learning, Chemistry, Biology. You have strong analytical skills and hypothesis-driven way of thinking. You show a high intellectual curiosity, going beyond the immediate requirements of the project to also find deep insights to improve Aqemia’s technology.
You are an open-minded fast-learner, keen to get feedback from your colleagues to develop yourself.
You are used to communicating effectively with external partners or clients, presenting work in a concise and thoughtful manner both orally and written.
This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate with passion for deeptech and / or drug discovery to grow their scientific and soft skills, and to really make a difference on how drugs are discovered.
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically intense, deliverable-oriented environment
- Aqemia team is currently 20+ people, fast growing, coming from top-tier institutions (Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG, BCG gamma, Astrazeneca, GSK, Sanofi)
- Aqemia offices located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with up to 2 days of remote working
- Working language: mix of English (non French speaking team members) and French
To apply, send us your CV: email@example.com
Aqemia is growing fast. You do not fit in this job description but are excited by this adventure?
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.