Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
We are looking for an intern to join our Drug Hunter team and help develop new methods. Internship topics include but are not limited to:
- Virtual screening of large databases of molecules, enhanced by state of the art ML algorithms
- Structure activity relationship analysis
- Multi Constraint Optimization strategies to generate molecules that satisfy several criteria.
- Effective sampling and scoring of 3D molecular conformations
- Free Energy computation for binding affinity prediction
Who you are
You are a Master student in Organic Chemistry, Bioinformatics or Computer Science and you are looking for a 5-6 month internship. In addition, you have a strong Organic or Theoretical Chemistry background and hands-on experience in Python.
Having basic knowledge in chemoinformatics is a plus, but it is not required.
You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter and you are curious, motivated and dynamic. You want to grow and help others grow as well and you like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment.
Our Workplace Environment
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast:
10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +45 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in the center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.