Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
We’re looking for a Research Software Engineering intern to join our team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary environment with drug hunters, physicists, chemists and ML engineers.
Internship should last 5-6 months starting from September 2022.
What You’ll Do:
As a research intern, you will explore in depth a particular topic, all the way from literature review to testing your approach on proprietary data. We are willing to discuss the choice of the topic so that it best fits your expertise, but it could include :
- Database compute engine incorporating chemical-related searches / computations / processing
- Web application for data / simulation visualization or for interfacing and monitoring large scale and distributed computation
- Data architecture and engineering: structure data from both private and public sources according to research use cases and build automated pipelines to feed our data lake.
- You are a Masters student in Computer Science or applied mathematics.
- You are proficient in production-ready Python.
You are a good candidate if you have some of the following skills and interests:
- You have a good understanding of containerization.
- You have experience in following a continuous delivery paradigm.
- You have experience in provisioning cloud infrastructures.
- You have data engineering skills.
- Web development experience for data and simulation visualization.
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge in biology and chemistry is a strong plus, but it is not required.
Our Workplace Environment:
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast
- 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.