Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
We’re looking for a
Research Intern - Software Engineer
to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of in silico drug hunters, physicists, medicinal chemists and machine learning engineers.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
Internship should last 4-6 months, and can start anytime before June 2022.
As a research intern, you will explore in depth a particular topic, all the way from literature review to testing your approach on proprietary data. We are willing to discuss the choice of the topic so that it best fits your expertise, but it could include :
- Database compute engine incorporating chemical-related searches / computations / processing
- Machine learning engineering: productionize machine / deep learning models (distributed training and inference, automated machine learning)
- Web application for data / simulation visualization or for interfacing and monitoring large scale and distributed computation
- Data architecture and engineering: structure data from both private and public sources according to research use cases and build automated pipelines to feed our data lake.
- You are a Masters student in Computer Science or applied mathematics.
- You are proficient in production-ready Python.
You are a good candidate if you have some of the following skills and interests:
- You have a good understanding of containerization.
- You have experience in following a continuous delivery paradigm.
- You have experience in provisioning cloud infrastructures.
- You have data engineering skills
- Web development experience for data and simulation visualization
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge in biology and chemistry is a strong plus, but it is not required.
You should join us if…
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter
- You are curious, willingful and dynamic
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
To apply, send us your CV at email@example.com.