Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
We are looking for Software Engineers to allow Aqemia to scale to the next level!
As a Software Engineer, your role will be to enable our research and project teams to design novel drug candidates with disruptive speed, efficiency, and precision. You will collaborate with colleagues at the intersection of machine learning, chemistry and physics on a daily basis to design and implement internal software tools and architecture to reach our common goal - find new drugs faster and better.
What You’ll Do
More precisely, as a Software Engineer you will:
- Industrialize algorithmic prototypes produced by the project team into modular, scalable, and well-tested modules
- Improve code quality across the code base through coaching and code reviews
- Set up continuous integration and deployment of our pipelines
- Optimize performance of calculations (time and cost) in a cloud computing environment
- To do this it is important to develop a solid understanding of the company’s needs and goals to focus on mission-critical problems
- You are proficient in production-ready Python
- You have experience of coding in team
- You have a good understanding of containerization
- You have experience in provisioning cloud infrastructures
- You have experience in following a continuous delivery paradigm
- You have have worked with good practices of code documentation and information security
Who You Are
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter
- You are curious, especially about science, willingful and dynamic
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment
- You want to grow and help others grow as well
- You believe in silico/AI can have strong impact on how to find new drugs
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
Our Workplace Environment:
Simply put: fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.