Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
We’re looking for a
Research Software Engineer [Full Time, ASAP]
to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of in silico drug hunters, physicists, medicinal chemists and machine learning engineers.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
As a Research Software Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling our research team to deliver novel compounds with speed, efficiency, and precision. You will collaborate with our teams of drug hunters and machine learning engineers on a daily basis to understand their needs and constraints and to design and implement internal software tools.
- To develop a solid understanding of the company’s vision and of the needs and goals of
our research team and to focus on solving mission-critical problems.
- To industrialize algorithmic prototypes produced by the research team into modular,
scalable, and well-tested modules.
- To help improve code quality across the code base through coaching and code reviews.
- To set up continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- To design and implement large-scale distributed computations in the cloud.
- You are proficient in production-ready Python.
- You have a good understanding of containerization.
- You have experience in following a continuous delivery paradigm.
- You have experience in provisioning cloud infrastructures.
Nice to have:
- Curiosity about science: you will be working at the intersection of physics, chemistry, and
- An understanding of good practices to ensure information security in code and on cloud
You should join us if…
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter
- You are curious, willingful and dynamic
- You want to grow and help others grow as well
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- You believe in silico/AI can have strong impact on how to find new drugs
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
To apply, send us your CV at: email@example.com
Aqemia is growing fast. You do not fit in this job description but are excited by this adventure? Contact us!
Aqemia welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.
If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.