Aqemia is an in silico drug discovery start-up, whose ambition is to discover rapidly more innovative therapeutic molecules with better chances of success. How? Just like an AI can learn to play chess, Aqemia’s generative AI learns to invent relevant compounds thanks to unique Statistical Mechanics algorithms predicting drug-target affinity among other properties. Aqemia’s differentiation lies in its affinity prediction both accurate and 10 000x faster than competition, enabling efficient guidance of generation towards compounds with better chances to become drugs.
Aqemia is a spin-off of the École Normale Supérieure Paris leveraging disruptive algorithms from 8 years of research. Aqemia’s team is composed of a dozen of high profiles at the crossroads of Medicinal Chemistry, Statistical Mechanics and Artificial Intelligence. Founded in June 2019, we have raised €1.6M with leading VC fund Elaia Partners, Bpifrance and business angels. Our office is located in the center of Paris at Agoranov, a top-notch deeptech incubator.
We’re looking for a
Research Software Engineer [Full Time, ASAP]
to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of medicinal chemists, physicists and ML engineers.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
As a Research Software Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling our research team to deliver novel compounds with speed, efficiency, and precision. You will collaborate with our teams of drug hunters and machine learning engineers on a daily basis to understand their needs and constraints and to design and implement internal software tools.
- To develop a solid understanding of the company’s vision and of the needs and goals of
our research team and to focus on solving mission-critical problems.
- To industrialize algorithmic prototypes produced by the research team into modular,
scalable, and well-tested modules.
- To help improve code quality across the code base through coaching and code reviews.
- To set up continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- To design and implement large-scale distributed computations in the cloud.
- You are proficient in production-ready Python.
- You have a good understanding of containerization.
- You have experience in following a continuous delivery paradigm.
- You have experience in provisioning cloud infrastructures.
Nice to have:
- Curiosity about science: you will be working at the intersection of physics, chemistry, and
- An understanding of good practices to ensure information security in code and on cloud
You should join us if…
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter
- You are curious, willingful and dynamic
- You want to grow and help others grow as well
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- You believe in silico/AI can have strong impact on how to find new drugs
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
To apply, send us your CV at: email@example.com
Aqemia is growing fast. You do not fit in this job description but are excited by this adventure? Contact us!