Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
You will define Aqemia's biology strategy, extending time-tested approaches and standards to Aqemia's unique technologies and pace. Biology will drive all aspects of Aqemia's drug discovery pipeline, from ideation and identification of novel therapeutic targets, to design and execution of tests run to advance drug candidates.
As a T-shaped person, Biology expert with the ability to interact with many other fields, you’ll work within a multidisciplinary team of experts and Project Managers dedicated to the evaluation and selection of therapeutic targets while building project flowcharts to rapidly identify preclinical candidates. You will also outsource and supervise biological studies and review results.
Drawing upon your broad knowledge of biology and drug discovery experience, you’ll be comfortable engaging and responding to our specialized external stakeholders when necessary.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute, alongside our automated knowledge graph, to building our internal portfolio by identifying and assessing innovative targets in tandem with the Leadership team.
- Build flowcharts for internal projects with relevant bioassays from hit generation to preclinical candidates.
- Drive the project forward, monitoring and questioning results as well as making recommendations to the Project team for decision making.
- Provide support to the Project team in all areas, from mentoring ML scientists to challenging scientific results, to reach our goals of discovering many new drugs and building the largest pipeline ever.
Note: We are not focused on any particular therapeutic area, though a portion of our projects are dedicated to oncology. If the Senior Biologist does not have sufficient knowledge of a specific therapeutic area or pathway, his/her role will be to call upon outside experts, knowledgeable in the relevant area.
- You have an outstanding track record in drug discovery, working for pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies.
- You have skills in biochemistry and cell biology.
- You have extensive experience in the development of in vivo pharmacological assays, biochemical assays and cellular assays in drug discovery projects and you have knowledge of DMPK.
Who You Are:
- You are eager to play an active role in contributing to Aqemia’s strategy to develop drugs for patients.
- You are anxious to bring your wealth of knowledge and skills to the table to inspire and coach brilliant people from diverse backgrounds.
- You are keen to solve tough problems on issues that truly matter.
- You are inquisitive, proactive with a can-do attitude.
- You are excited to join a small team and make your mark on drug discovery.
- You thrive on working collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment that keeps everyone on track.
Our Workplace Environment:
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
- Our Founders boast
- 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge.
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
- Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +40 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
- Our premises are conveniently located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
- Working language: English
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume at email@example.com
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.