Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
We are seeking a talented and driven Computational Chemist, aka Drug Hunter, to work alongside our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: identifying drug candidates to cure major diseases.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of technical and chemistry skills and be results-driven. This role calls for a strong sense of ownership and a drive to source new drug candidates. The selected candidate will have keen interest in interdisciplinarity and will be quick on the uptake when faced with new concepts/frameworks.
What You'll Do:
As a Drug Hunter, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team made up of medicinal chemists, physicists and machine learning engineers. You will leverage our drug discovery pipeline and work with the team to come up with tailored approaches for each project to produce new drug candidates.
- Identify active molecules of interest using drug-target affinity and property prediction pipeline
- Suggest and brainstorm relevant molecules with the Aqemia Project Team and with clients, looking to enhance multiple properties, from affinity to DMPK profile
- Work hand-in-hand with the ML team to leverage groundbreaking, disruptive algorithms in your drug discovery projects, and offer your drug hunter perspective and ideas as input to the development of tools
- Deepen your knowledge in structural biology on specific projects and targets
- You are a Computational Chemist, Drug Designer, a Cheminformatician, a Structural Bioinformatician, or a Computational Biologist
- Hands-on experience in computational chemistry applied to drug discovery using state-of-the-art structure-based or ligand-based methods, including virtual screening, molecular docking, structure-activity relationship analysis, multi-property optimization-based compound design
- Extensive knowledge of protein structures, functions and protein-ligand interactions
- A background in medicinal or organic chemistry
Who You Are:
- You are a problem solver driven by global issues
- You believe drug discovery is more meaningful than boosting click-through rates
- You have an inquiring mind, you are proactive and eager to learn
- You have a desire to grow, both professionally and personally, and you want to help others grow with you
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment mixed with the enthusiasm and willingness to be a team player
- You feel strongly that in silico/AI can have major impact when it comes to identifying new drugs
- You are eager to play an active role in a growing team and make your mark on drug discovery
Should you wish to apply for this position please send us your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is committed to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.
If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.