Aqemia is an in silico drug discovery start-up, whose ambition is to discover rapidly more innovative therapeutic molecules with better chances of success. How? Just like an AI can learn to play chess, Aqemia’s generative AI learns to invent relevant compounds thanks to unique Statistical Mechanics algorithms predicting drug-target affinity among other properties. Aqemia’s differentiation lies in its affinity prediction both accurate and 10 000x faster than competition, enabling efficient guidance of generation towards compounds with better chances to become drugs.
Aqemia is a spin-off of the École Normale Supérieure Paris leveraging disruptive algorithms from 8 years of research. Aqemia’s team is composed of a dozen of high profiles at the crossroads of Medicinal Chemistry, Statistical Mechanics and Artificial Intelligence.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised €1.6M with leading VC fund Elaia Partners, Bpifrance.
We’re looking for a
Senior Drug Hunter
to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of drug hunters, physicists, chemists and ML engineers
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
As a senior drug hunter, you will be responsible for driving drug-target affinity software pipeline development and application to client or internal projects.
You will manage a team of 3-4 drug hunters (incl. backgrounds in MedChem, in silico drug discovery, theoretical chemistry), also working directly with clients on projects.
- Drive improvement of drug-target affinity computation pipeline
- Support design and drive delivery of projects with Pharma & Biotech clients
- Bring your in silico drug discovery experience and insights to drug hunter and AI teams
- Manage and develop drug hunting team, collaborate closely with AI team
- Contribute directly to work on pipeline development and / or client projects
- 7-10+ years experience mainly in large Pharma or Biotech company(ies) in Research / Discovery department, ideally across therapeutic areas
- Lead / active participation in multiple drug discovery projects with strong understanding on how to advance molecules from hits to candidates, incl. SAR definition, properties prediction, in vitro / vivo tests validation, ...
- Hands-on experience with in silico drug discovery softwares/programming and strategies
- Medicinal chemistry background is a must
- Structural biology competency is a plus
You should join us if…
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter
- You are curious, willingful and dynamic
- You want to grow and help others grow as well
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- You believe in silico/AI can have strong impact on how to find new drugs
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
To apply, send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org