Aqemia is an in silico drug discovery start-up, whose ambition is to discover rapidly more innovative therapeutic molecules with better chances of success. How? Just like an AI can learn to play chess, Aqemia’s generative AI learns to invent relevant compounds thanks to unique Statistical Mechanics algorithms predicting drug-target affinity among other properties. Aqemia’s differentiation lies in its affinity prediction both accurate and 10 000x faster than competition, enabling efficient guidance of generation towards compounds with better chances to become drugs.
Aqemia is a spin-off of the École Normale Supérieure Paris leveraging disruptive algorithms from 8 years of research. Aqemia’s team is composed of a dozen of high profiles at the crossroads of Medicinal Chemistry, Statistical Mechanics and Artificial Intelligence. Founded in June 2019, we have raised €1.6M with leading VC fund Elaia Partners, Bpifrance and business angels. Our office is located in the center of Paris at Agoranov, a top-notch deeptech incubator.
We’re looking for a
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
to join our core team and make an impact on a critical challenge: discovering drug candidates to cure key diseases. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of medicinal chemists, physicists and ML engineers.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
As a senior Machine Learning researcher, you will drive the development of generative algorithms to design new drug molecules, guided by our proprietary scoring of affinity. You will participate in a shift of paradigm in drug discovery: from database screening to de novo drug design.
You will manage a team of 4-5 ML engineers and data scientists and also work directly with clients on projects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Build the roadmap of AI development to support an ambitious business model where the end product is a drug candidate that will be synthesized and tested -- not a software
- Including molecule generation on one side and molecular properties prediction on the other side and the back and forth between the two
- Bring ML algorithms knowledge and programming experience to AI team
- Coordinate AI team to test algorithms relevance in terms of molecules generated, in close collaboration with drug hunting/chemist team
- Drive AI infrastructure strategy and development
- Test own algorithms / support team in their developments
- Manage and coach AI team members, and help grow the team
- You have 5+ years experience in AI / Machine Learning development
- Ideally on state of the art embeddings and reinforcement learning
- Based on complex data e.g., NLP, complex image, graphs
- With some background on unsupervised and active learning
- Experience in business environment, i.e. not only academic research
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge in biology and chemistry is a strong plus, but it is not required
- Cloud computing experience e.g., AWS or GCP is a plus
You should join us if…
- You are passionate about solving difficult problems on topics that really matter
- You are curious, willingful and dynamic
- You want to grow and help others grow as well
- You like working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- You believe in silico/AI can have strong impact on how to find new drugs
- You want to join a small team to bring your own impact in drug discovery
To apply, send us your CV at: email@example.com