Aqemia is a next-generation pharmaceutical company generating one of the fastest drug discovery pipelines in the world. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking, fast-acting drug candidates for scores of severe diseases. What sets us apart is our proprietary quantum mechanical and statistical algorithms that power generative artificial intelligence to design new drug candidates.
The velocity and precision of our technology platform allows us to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
We’ve grown to a team of over 45 highly motivated and spirited individuals standing at the intersection of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics, and Software Engineering.
We are proud to announce that we've raised $12 million from leading VCs.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
Aqemia is a next-gen pharmatech company generating one of the world's fastest-growing drug discovery pipeline. Our mission is to design fast innovative drug candidates for dozens of critical diseases. Our differentiation lies in our unique quantum and statistical mechanics algorithms fueling a generative artificial intelligence to design novel drug candidates. It is the disruptive speed and accuracy of our technological platform that enables us to scale drug discovery projects.
Aqemia has been founded in June 2019 by Maximilien Levesque - ex-Research group leader at Ecole Normale Superieure - and Emmanuelle Martiano - ex-Principal at BCG.
We are now a team of 40+ mission-driven people at the crossroads of Chemistry, Machine Learning, Physics and Software Engineering, and have raised $12M with leading VCs.
We are working with pharma companies and also developed our own internal pipeline of drug discovery projects.
Do you want to be completely part of the discovery of future drugs? Come and join us!
The impact you’ll make at Aqemia
Within the Drug Discovery Expert Team and in close interaction with interdisciplinary teams, you will support internal research projects from the earliest stages of drug discovery up to the latest pre-clinical stages. As a senior medicinal chemist, you will contribute across internal and external projects to iteratively identify new target compounds based on computation, chemistry, biological and ADME data to drive compound optimization through our Aqemia-optimized DMTA cycles with the wet-lab.
Your responsibilities :
- Participate in internal and collaborative drug discovery projects
- Challenge de novo designs by the Aqemia technology in order to improve the technology
- Analyze potential targets for our internal pipeline, in coordination with other points of view from biologists and computational chemists
- Analyze Hit tractability and propose alternative hit- and lead-like compounds. We live a never-ending challenge between the AI and our drug discovery experts. A strong technology challenged by strong experts like you! That’s why Aqemia is so strong and successful!
- Challenge the CROs on the synthetic routes and experimental results. Propose alternative solutions to ensure a good throughput for delivery of final products
- Proactively partner cross-functionally to address specific project needs
- Mentor more junior drug hunters
You have an outstanding track record in synthetic chemistry of small molecules and medicinal chemistry in biotechs, CRO or pharma companies.
- Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically intense, deliverable-oriented environment
- Aqemia team is currently around 50 people, fast growing, coming from top-tier institutions (Harvard, Ecole normale supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG, BCG gamma, Astrazeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Servier, univ. Oxford and Cambridge, EPFL, …)
- Aqemia offices are located in center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with up to 2 days of remote working per week
- International team so working language is English
To apply, send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aqemia is growing fast. You do not fit in this job description but are excited by this adventure? Contact us!
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.