Aqemia’s ambition is to discover better and more innovative therapeutic molecules faster. Better molecules because our physics-based technology has unparalleled precision. More innovative molecules because we don’t rely on past data, we’re not stuck to staying close to what already exists. Faster because our precision implies less experiments.In a nutshell, we’re building a new type of massive, internal drug discovery pipeline.
Founded in June 2019, we have raised $10M with leading VCs.
Aqemia is a pharmaceutical startup that also runs a variety of drug discovery programs.
The massiveness of its pipeline comes from unique algorithms to design innovative therapeutic molecules that mix quantum physics and AI, originating from 10 years of fundamental science at Oxford, Cambridge, and Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris.
After two successful fundraisings in the last 18 months, Aqemia is growing fast.
Our next talent manager will not only ensure the success of our team but will also play a key role in the recruitment process.
The company now has 20 employees and plans to welcome more than 30 new recruits over the next year.
You’ll be responsible for the entire recruitment process
From candidate-sourcing and headhunting:
- Implement a scalable hiring process
- Write job descriptions, in tandem with our Communications and Marketing teams
- Source candidates from around the world, with the input of our founders and team leaders
- Screen the candidates, i.e., conduct short preliminary interviews to vet candidates, often in English
- Schedule interviews with other Aqemia team members
- Ensure the process is applied for every applicant and constantly refined
To the Onboarding phase:
- Implement a scalable onboarding process, in line with Aqemia's core values and mission
- Handle the administrative side of the recruitment process, alongside Aqemia’s legal team, if required
- Plan the first days/weeks of the new team member's schedule, with the support of the founders and team leaders
Manage the administrative side of HR:
- Write employment or intern contracts
- Review interns' Confidentiality and IP Agreements
- Be the go-to person for any HR related issues, e.g. occupational health, health insurance, vacation
- Make sure that probationary periods and other terminations are properly completed
Be in charge of time tracking for the Crédit Impôt Recherche
Take the lead in building an extraordinary environment for self-development, initiated by the people at Aqemia
- See to it that everyone has ongoing feedback with their managers and also the founders, whenever necessary
- Use surveys to assess how people are feeling (i.e., whether they are feeling good or bad)
- Work to improve coordination and reduce conflict in all possible areas
- Supervise the Campus Management
Finally, you will act as the Office Manager, where you will be expected to keep the office organized and maintain excellent working conditions for our team
Background & competencies:
- You have 5+ years of experience recruiting talent globally, possibly in a startup
- You are results-driven and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You aspire to work in a challenging and international –not to say global– environment
- You are fluent in English
- Experience in the drug discovery industry
Who You Are:
- You have an inquiring mind, you are proactive and eager to learn
- You have a desire to grow, both professionally and personally, and you want to help others grow with you
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment mixed with the enthusiasm and willingness to be a team player
- You feel strongly that silico/AI can have major impact when it comes to identifying new drugs
- You are eager to play an active role in a growing team and make your mark on drug discovery
To apply, please send us an email along with a link to your LinkedIn profile: firstname.lastname@example.org